Monday, July 4, 2011

Simple Everyday Meals ...

Many of my American or shall I say non - Indian friends love the restaurant served "Indian" food. Often times I get asked if we eat Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan as everyday food? Well logical question since these are a few of the most popular dishes served universally in "Indian" restaurants. I try my best to explain to them the difference between the Indian food served in the restaurants versus simple home cooked Indian meals. But as they say "Pictures speak louder than words" ... I post below some pics of everyday meals.
Dal, Rice, Aloo Methi and Homemade Mango Pickle (Anna Mangai)

 Cabbage, Green Peas and Carrot subzi, Chapatis and Vegetable Raita


Cauliflower In Tomato Sauce (Tamate wari Gobhi) usually served with Chapati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you