Something exotic yet simple was what I wanted for dinner today. So while I was rummaging through my thoughts and trying to put a finger to what to put together for dinner to satisfy my craving, I remembered a recipe for Chicken Flatbread which I had put together on a spur of the moment standing in the aisle of a super market to convince K why I must absolutely buy that flatbread ;). It was an ode to the flatbread staring in my face and calling out to me "Pick me". So finally, Mr. K was convinced and we got the flatbread home. Ever since then the flatbread has become a frequent addition to our shopping cart.
3-4 loaves Southwestern Flatbread
1 Pkt Perdue Shortcuts Carved Chicken Breast (Roasted Garlic with White Wine) or any other flavor
Roasted Red, Yellow and Green Peppers (I used homemade ones)
Olives Green and Black sliced
1 Tomato diced
Few sprigs Rosemary (Mine was homegrown)
Utensils and Implements
1. Cook the chicken as per packet instructions. I prefer to make it in the skillet instead of the microwave.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare a sheet pan by covering it with foil
3. Lay the flatbread on the sheet pan. Drizzle some oil and vinegar mixture from the roasted peppers. Alternatively you can use olive oil and balsamic vinegar
4. Then add roasted pepper, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, season as per taste.
5. Add a few sprigs of rosemary.
5. Place the pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Remove add shredded cheese and return to oven for 4-5 minutes till cheese melts.
Photographs Courtesy - Krishnan
1. You can skip the chicken and add some more veges.
2. This can also be made with Naan (especially good for using leftover naan)