Monday, August 15, 2011

Yummylicious Dark Chocolate Brownie


I  got hit with a huge craving for chocolate brownie complete with visions of warm chocolate brownie served with vanilla ice-cream. Since I am off eggs for the month of Shravan I had no option but to try and bake an eggless one if I wanted to fulfill my craving. I decided to do just that. Here's what I conjured up

Wet Ingredients
1 Cup Homemade Yogurt (Dahi)
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Honey
4 Tbsp Butter Melted

Dry Ingredients
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Corn Starch
1/4 Cup + 1 heaped Tbsp Baking Cocoa
1/4 Cup 60% Dark Chocolate Chips + some for decoration * I used Ghirardeli
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 Pkts 1 Cup Instant Coffee Powder ~ approx 1 Tbsp
5-8 Walnuts roughly crushed for decoration

Implements
2 Mixing Bowls
Whisk
Measuring Cups and Spoons
9" Baking Tray

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and dust your cake pan.
2. In one mixing bowl mix together all dry ingredients including chocolate chips.
3. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients except honey.
4. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 or max 3 additions and mix with a whisk till the flour is mixed thoroughly.
5. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and decorate with crushed walnuts and chocolate chips. Drizzle one tablespoon honey on the walnuts.

6. Bake at 350 F for 25 mins.
7. Remove from oven and let them cool for a few minutes.

8. Cut into pieces and serve.

 
Notes:
Next time I would probably use a little more sugar

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you